In the traditional approach to settling family law disputes each person hires an attorney to represent him or her. The attorneys provide legal advice to their clients and advocate for their clients in negotiations and before the court.
The collaborative process offers a less adversarial approach to resolve disputes without court intervention. The collaborative divorce process gives couples a greater degree of privacy because disputed issues are not aired in an open courtroom.
Mediation is a voluntary, confidential process for resolving disputes and creating solutions that work for the family. Resolution is reached with the assistance of a mediator.
Sometimes, before or after marriage, an individual wants to protect his or her assets and income from the claims of a future or current spouse.
The focus of Attorney Peggy L. Podell’s family law practice is on helping clients who may be facing a difficult time make informed decisions about their future. Attorney Podell takes the time to listen, get to know your unique situation, and educate you about the process. She strives to help you understand the options you have to meet your needs and goals while guiding you through the process in a personal and professional manner.
Attorney Peggy L. Podell’s practice includes the following dispute resolution options:
Attorney Peggy L. Podell’s office is located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and serves the needs of clients in the southeastern Wisconsin counties of Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington, and Waukesha.
- Property Division
- Maintenance (spousal support)
- Child Custody & Placement
- Child Support
- Mediation of Family Law Matters
- Modification of placement & support orders
- Enforcement of placement & child support orders
- Enforcement of maintenance & property division orders
- Drafting Pre-nuptial Agreements (pre-marital agreements)
- Reviewing Pre-nuptial Agreements (pre-marital agreements)
- Drafting Post-nuptial Agreements (post-marital agreements)
- Reviewing Post-nuptial Agreements (pre-marital agreements)